Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

FONTS...sizes are not right on the same two files

rob2218
Enthusiast
something's happening with my "fonts" whenever I saveas a PLN file thats in my clients office PC to my laptop (also a PC). The fonts on the Master Title layouts seems to be stretched or out of proportion in the horizontal direction.
see attached.
Has anyone had any strange experiences like this and if so, how did you fix it?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
12 REPLIES 12
Check the Windows Custom DPI settings. (Under Control Panel > Display). I don't recall if they need to be set for 100%, or just have to match each other, but probably the issue is there.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
rob2218
Enthusiast
ok....so I tried to alter the settings in that dialogue box in the DPI settings....to no avail.
I'm going to try to alter in this setting in the control panel>display>DPI the percentage. see if that does anything but other than that....there was no effect.
Richard wrote:
Check the Windows Custom DPI settings. (Under Control Panel > Display). I don't recall if they need to be set for 100%, or just have to match each other, but probably the issue is there.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
So noticed something...on the PC at work, this particular check box is greyed out. On my laptop...it's a usable checkbox parameter....
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Rob,

From your screenshot there are brackets around the font name [Agency FB]. This means that the font is missing from your computer and ArchiCAD is substituting a font in its place. Install the font from the same source on both computers and it should resolve your issue. Please let me know if it does not.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
rob2218
Enthusiast
did not know that [] around a font meant that it was missing....I'll do that right now sir!
(keeping fingers crossed).
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
Nick!
you D MAN!
..........thank you thank you thank you so much sir!!!!!!

I can't thank you enough.....

You gotz skillz.....and don't let Ransom nor Lasz tell you otherwise 😉
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't know if by "Lasz" you mean me, but in my opinion Nick is a pretty knowledgeable ArchiCAD guy and he definitely knows what he is talking about.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
it's aparent Lasz that it's very difficult to pull off humor over the written internet forum responses.....yes, I did mean you. But......it was only in fun. I meant nothing by it.
You, and I think everyone here on the forum who's been around long enough, would also agree that you have "excellent" BIM skills as well.....so please...I meant nothing by it...just a phrase of endearment we say here in the U.S....nothing more nothing less.
You know I've always praised your efforts as well. What I'd give to have yours and Nick's knowledge base is, well....I don't have enough brains is what I'm getting at and I need brilliant folks like you all to help me look good with my clients and for that I thank you.

Really guys.....you (Lasz), Ransom and Nick (and I'm sure there are a few others who I can't recall right now) are what make Graphisoft the great company that it is. So, GS, if you are e-listening.....ya better give these guys a nice Christmas bonus this year cause they all deserve it.
laszlonagy wrote:
I don't know if by "Lasz" you mean me, but in my opinion Nick is a pretty knowledgeable ArchiCAD guy and he definitely knows what he is talking about.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No worries, I guessed it was a joke.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD