Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

FREE ROTATE

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

I want to rotate at this point.
By the way, I am specifying a different face. Is there a way to change this based on the face on the right?

LeeJaeYoung_0-1662717201668.png

I designate the plane with "EDITING PLANE" and do ROTATE.

LeeJaeYoung_1-1662717498004.pngLeeJaeYoung_2-1662717605750.png

Is there any other way to change it easily on YouTube?
00:15~00:25

3D Interactions in Archicad - Rotate and Free Rotate Feedback Improvements - YouTube

AC27 on window 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@LeeJaeYoung You don't need to change your editing plane. Once you have Rotate active the rotation axis can automatically lock to an edge of your object by moving the cursor over it. Obviously this isn't always what you want. If you move your cursor to the rotation point at the corner point, click-hold and drag out the rotation axis to where you want it. I don't think it could be much easier. 😉

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@LeeJaeYoung You don't need to change your editing plane. Once you have Rotate active the rotation axis can automatically lock to an edge of your object by moving the cursor over it. Obviously this isn't always what you want. If you move your cursor to the rotation point at the corner point, click-hold and drag out the rotation axis to where you want it. I don't think it could be much easier. 😉

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

thank you so much. ^^

Rotate Elements in 3D - Graphisoft Community

AC27 on window 11

Actually, constraining the rotation plane by pressing shift while pointing to the desired surface would be a slightly easier (and would need less click), and just similar to the 2d editing constraining methods. And could work besides this rotation axis method. too.
And actually, finding a plane by pointing/hovering over it and pointing to a vertex point seems easier than findig the rotation axis at a particular point.

Talmácsi, István, architect (AC user since 1997, ac4.5 - now: ac18)