Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Facades Walls with panels / profiles

Hi, I'm trying to figured out how to make properly profiles for facades walls - which they have a gabs or some 3D textures 

- Profile manager it's seem that can do profile only : TopSurface and after this profile I can use it for FrontSurface - Not like SideSurface

- Also tried to do this troughs NISH window object - It's do very well but it not easy to change "parametrically" ( Also it's too many windows in the wall after )

Skärmavbild 2022-04-19 kl. 10.16.01.jpg

- I tested also Texture and it do very well just it's so flat and any change is not exactly and reUplouding Libraries is little pain 😕
Skärmavbild 2022-04-19 kl. 10.17.33.jpg

- Solid operations tools is also working but it's annoying work with it ( hiding layers ...)

Skärmavbild 2022-04-19 kl. 10.18.55.jpgSkärmavbild 2022-04-19 kl. 10.19.06.jpg 

- Last what I know is using CurtainWalls but they are so heavy for projects and I want to combine  with windows and doors from the wall. this tool is not my favorit too

•  Is there something how to do it more simple or easier ?
• I'm looking for something solid operation tool but what it give me FrontSurface to profile my Walls
• Can I use it PARAOM for this ?

I hope you understand what I want is quite hard to explain 😇 I wanna do just Wall but with 3D texture and right now I will be very happy if I can do just some Lines / gabs in the walls but be able to applicate for whole house with possibilities to change dimension/positions of gabs

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
11 REPLIES 11

So what you are creating is a “Rain Screen”. Looks like a great start.  To do it right it would vary distance from wall.  Spacers (horiz and vert.) if needed, size of gap between panels, and profile of panels.

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner

Thank you wery good solution 👍

Just one question: 

- If i work in Profile manage I'm drawing Side plane of Wall.

How did you reach something vertikal or cross pannels?

Skärmavbild 2022-04-20 kl. 16.38.39.jpg

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB