Hi, I'm trying to figured out how to make properly profiles for facades walls - which they have a gabs or some 3D textures
- Profile manager it's seem that can do profile only : TopSurface and after this profile I can use it for FrontSurface - Not like SideSurface
- Also tried to do this troughs NISH window object - It's do very well but it not easy to change "parametrically" ( Also it's too many windows in the wall after )
- I tested also Texture and it do very well just it's so flat and any change is not exactly and reUplouding Libraries is little pain 😕
- Solid operations tools is also working but it's annoying work with it ( hiding layers ...)
- Last what I know is using CurtainWalls but they are so heavy for projects and I want to combine with windows and doors from the wall. this tool is not my favorit too
• Is there something how to do it more simple or easier ? • I'm looking for something solid operation tool but what it give me FrontSurface to profile my Walls • Can I use it PARAOM for this ?
I hope you understand what I want is quite hard to explain 😇 I wanna do just Wall but with 3D texture and right now I will be very happy if I can do just some Lines / gabs in the walls but be able to applicate for whole house with possibilities to change dimension/positions of gabs
So what you are creating is a “Rain Screen”. Looks like a great start. To do it right it would vary distance from wall. Spacers (horiz and vert.) if needed, size of gap between panels, and profile of panels.
Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
Windows 10 64bit
I see, interesting feature but not much control for the sizing of grooves, if you really intend to use it for groove lines. I think for me I will still prefer using complex profiles, but good to know. 😊
In the end what is your Objective? ArchiCAD 9 onwards