Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

False Ceiling

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello every1 ,

I've just started learning archicad-15. I am an Interior Designer student from India. Usually here they use autocad which I find lil boring Anyways I wanna make false ceiling in archicad 15 but cant find it on youtube as well. Can anyone please help me???

Thnk a ton in advance.
9 REPLIES 9
Mjules
Mentor
Hatey wrote:
Hello every1 ,

I've just started learning archicad-15. I am an Interior Designer student from India. Usually here they use autocad which I find lil boring Anyways I wanna make false ceiling in archicad 15 but cant find it on youtube as well. Can anyone please help me???

Thnk a ton in advance.
You can use the Ceiling Editor and/or the Ceiling Grid which can be downloaded and embeded from the BIM Components Portal of ArchiCAD 15.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately the Ceiling Editor is avaiable only for ArchiCAD 16 and later.

One option in AC15 is to model Ceilings using Slabs.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
For lay in ceilings you can use the beam tool for the tracks and tees. They intersect (subtract from) the ceiling slabs automatically. That is if you want to be highly detailed. Otherwise the grid can be shown by the material and fill settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo, speaking of "unfortunately". If only the curtain wall could be horizontal, it would make a fairly good ceiling grid workaround. So often I think, 'If only', if only - 2D lines/text/etc had a toggle to show in 3D, if only - roofs could curl like walls, if only - walls had floor plan display settings as versatile as slabs... Baby steps ...

Logical argument kills more good ideas than the devil.
Eduardo Rolon
MarkMoscrip wrote:
Laszlo, speaking of "unfortunately". If only the curtain wall could be horizontal, it would make a fairly good ceiling grid workaround. So often I think, 'If only', if only - 2D lines/text/etc had a toggle to show in 3D, if only - roofs could curl like walls, if only - walls had floor plan display settings as versatile as slabs... Baby steps ...

Logical argument kills more good ideas than the devil.
Mark,
FYI Curtain Walls can be horizontal.
Screen Shot 2013-07-14 at 4.15.01 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo,

Is this still possible?

Trying to make a glass canopy that is horizontal to the ground plane (or slightly pitched from 90 degrees).

When I rotate the elements the scheme stretches way out.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is still posibble, draw the curtain wall in elevation. Or use the Boundary Method in plan.
GSHQ - can you add a section to the manual that says you ca use the Curtain Wall tool in the section elevation window? If it's there I didn't find it.

Very happy to learn that I can. Thanks Arqrivas!
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Barry Kelly
Aaron wrote:
GSHQ - can you add a section to the manual that says you ca use the Curtain Wall tool in the section elevation window? If it's there I didn't find it.

Very happy to learn that I can. Thanks Arqrivas!
It is there already.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11