BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Favorites DIMENSIONS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does any one have a system for recording the commonly used dimensions or notes. Like the favorites system. There is so much math to use AC10 well that I often find myself spending lots of time just to find out what was a dimension or..?...that I used several days ago.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used both favorites and modules to save settings for all sorts of annotations for reuse and transfer between files. Both will work but I find I prefer the modules. If you are referring to the dimension preferences (ie. units and accuracy), these are saved with the views and not in the favorites or modules.
Anonymous
Not applicable
WOW!
This is something that I never got in all the classes that I have addended. Many thanks.
However, it looks more complicate potentially than what I had in mind, but useful if I can just unravel it with my slow e-mind. All the Modules, Modulele Master Layer, Place Module, Module Management, Nested Modules options....again a WOW! I guess nothing is as simple as it might have appeared.

Many thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Modules aren't really that complicated. Perhaps I could come in to give you a quick tutorial when I am in the city sometime.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
For notes, you can simply create an indpendent detail called NOTES, put all your notes in it, then open this detail window and drag'n'drop your notes onto the floor plan/SE's etc.

This can form part of your standard CAD Template.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!