Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Field of View in 3D Editor and 3D Documents

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to change the FOV in the 3d Editor and in 3d Documents?

How about in the modeler perspective view?
11 REPLIES 11
mikas
Expert
3D window settings does have the camera angle or viewing cone setting (or whatever it is called in english). If you save a 3D view it will retain the FOV you have set. Maybe this is this what you were after.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this "cone" similar to field of view? It seems to generate a lot of distortion, in that it stretches everything out.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
What else could it do but stretch it out?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying increased Field of View will distort the image?

https://photographylife.com/does-focal-length-distort-subjects
Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to have more field of view, but if I go further back, I move out of the room;)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
These are your only options. Move back or widen the field of view, which distorts the image.

If you choose the first option perhaps you can temporarily move a wall or create a polygonal marquee in such a way that it allows you view what you need from the outside. You may also combine that with viewing items outside the marquee as set in 'Filter and Cut Elements in 3D'.

Cheers,
Link.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
famadorian:

You might get better results by checking the
Use two-point perspective option in the Perspective Settings dialog box.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
These are your only options. Move back or widen the field of view, which distorts the image.

If you choose the first option perhaps you can temporarily move a wall or create a polygonal marquee in such a way that it allows you view what you need from the outside. You may also combine that with viewing items outside the marquee as set in 'Filter and Cut Elements in 3D'.

Cheers,
Link.
This is some limitation in ArchiCAD right, cause normal rendering software allows to change the field of view?

You're saying " or widen the field of view, which distorts the image". The view cone can't be a field of view, as I pointed to in my article, cause field of view should not distort the image. There must be some other terminology to explain this "view cone" thing. In photography terms, what is this called?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have no idea here?