BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

File Preview Problem - Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Does anyone else on this forum experience a file preview that looks like a quicktime movie playbar in the preview column when selecting a library object [ .gsm]????

Yes I had this with the previous version of the GDL web plugin when using a "non standard" browser (I use Firebird)... Quicktime played the gsm as if it was a sound file, with very unpleasant music !

I updated to the new version of the GDL plugin, and I think it worked (or did I use Internet explorer for that page ? can't remember...)
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
Dwight wrote:
Does anyone else on this forum experience a file preview that looks like a quicktime movie playbar in the preview column when selecting a library object [ .gsm]????
yes! and when you play it, it sounds like a pneumatic drill!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
This problem is also being discussed in another forum (I forget which). It would be nice for Graphisoft (or anyone who knows an answer) to address this. It is quite annoying and seems like it should be a simple thing to fix.
Matthew wrote:
It is quite annoying and seems like it should be a simple thing to fix.
I know what you mean. Why can't we play them in iTunes???
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Dwight
Newcomer
I know what you mean. After all, the repetitive beat makes them easy to dance to.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!