BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Fill Background Pen

Electric Flute
Booster
Default Fill Background Pen is set to pen 19 to all objects in AC. Using a standard Pen Set, pen 19 is white. This is a pain if you use a different Pen Set.

Why default Fill Background Pen is not Pen 0 (Transparent) or -1 (Window Background Color)?? Regardless of Pen Set used, this offers standard result.

Is there a way to change it globally?
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
3 REPLIES 3
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
Extract the lcf-file and then run the LP_XML_Converter, converting all GSMs to XMLs.
Use an editor with file transcending search and replace, replace the default value in all objeccts.
Then convert all files back to GSM.

Or, if the value should not be changable anymore: Write a master.gdl file or a global master file where the value is set by PARAMETERS or VALUES.
(which may wor; i haven't tried)
Jochen Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 14.4 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or change your pen sets so Pen 19 is white Much easier, and will still work when you update libraries in the future.
Electric Flute
Booster
Joachim wrote:
Extract the lcf-file and then run the LP_XML_Converter, converting all GSMs to XMLs.
Use an editor with file transcending search and replace, replace the default value in all objeccts.
Then convert all files back to GSM.

Or, if the value should not be changable anymore: Write a master.gdl file or a global master file where the value is set by PARAMETERS or VALUES.
(which may wor; i haven't tried)
Uuuh this looks complex. Thank you for your reply.
s2art wrote:
Or change your pen sets so Pen 19 is white Wink Much easier, and will still work when you update libraries in the future.
Yes, this is much easier, you are right! But I still prefer Pen 0 (Transparent) and I don' t understand why Graphisoft chose Pen 19.
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Learn and get certified!