BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Fill: Floor Plan to Complex Profile

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

Is there some way to control how fills are copied between the Floor Plan and the Complex Profile manager?

Fill as a Fill to Fill as a Building Material. It seems to pick a Building Material that uses the Fill. Not sure why it picks the one it does when there are multiple that use that Fill. I have not figured out why it picks my Brick Building Material when the Fill is not used by any Building Material...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
Hi all,

Is there some way to control how fills are copied between the Floor Plan and the Complex Profile manager?

Fill as a Fill to Fill as a Building Material. It seems to pick a Building Material that uses the Fill. Not sure why it picks the one it does when there are multiple that use that Fill. I have not figured out why it picks my Brick Building Material when the Fill is not used by any Building Material...

Ling.
The Fill Tool have a new Option for the Fill Type For Construction Material,
Use this Type of Fill to choose the Material, copy paste in the Profile Manager will use that Material.
If your Fill on plan is set to another type of fill you won't be able to control the result of pasting in Project Manager as Profiles can only use Construction Material Type of Fills.

Regards
Bruno Hepp

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
I don't think there is any way to control it.
The profiles have to use Building Materials so I guess Archicad just uses what it considers to be the first match of a Building Material using that fill.
It might be the last Building Material that was created or maybe the one with the highest index number.
It certainly isn't by lowest index number as I just tested it.

If there are no Building Materials with that fill it just seems to pick the one with the lowest index number.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
Hi all,

Ling.
The Fill Tool have a new Option for the Fill Type For Construction Material,
Use this Type of Fill to choose the Material, copy paste in the Profile Manager will use that Material.
If your Fill on plan is set to another type of fill you won't be able to control the result of pasting in Project Manager as Profiles can only use Construction Material Type of Fills.

Regards
Bruno Hepp
Lingwisyer
Guru
That does appear to be what I am wanting, but unfortunately it is not available as a FILLMASK in GDL... Hoped that the reference guide might have just been out of date, but mask 8 does nothing...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!