BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fill setting for solid walls in presentation plans

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I get the wall fill settings to display a wall with a heavy outline (60mm) and a greyscale fill?. I am using the presentation-solid setting in model view and the override cut fill is the same pen as the wall's cut pen line. In my case is shows a nice grey colour on screen but when printing it comes out solid black. I am missing something very basic here I'm sure. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
How are you printing? Directly from the model screen, as in File>Print? Or via the layout book?

ArchiCAD is generally WYSIWYG so I'd check your Print Settings.

Please post a screenshot if you can't resolve it.

Cheers,
Link
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are indeed missing something very basic... well, not entirely

If you're using the presentation solid model view options, all walls will be filled in with black or grey, switch 'Drafting+Fill', and you'll see the fill you want. To do this you can either use the 'Quick Options' Palette, or just click on the Drafting Plan in the Navigator view map.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I used the publisher and published to pdf using the greyscale setting. Not ideal but very workable. Haven't printed it yet but hopefully the blacks will print black enough and not dark grey. On screen it looks fine. So much basic stuff to learn, I feel like a complete beginner again after 20 years.
Learn and get certified!