Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fill tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have roughly 100 windows to fill on an elevation, all of which have different dimensions.

How can I fill these 2D polygons/windows without having to draw around the contours again?

susan
17 REPLIES 17
did you try the magic wand?
Select the fill you want, press the space bar and you will see a little magic wand pop up. Click on the space you want filled and poof!
Just keep holding down the space bar while you click each area you want filled.

If you were to show a picture of what you are doing perhaps another method might be suggested.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure a magic wand will pick up the outline of the window on a live elevation. (An unlinked "drawing" would be o.k.)

If it's just the glass you want shaded simply assign a solid fill of the appropriate colour to the glass material, and with vectorial hatching "on" in your elevation the glass will be solid filled.

(yay, 1000)
Congratulations s2art on your Senior Member status.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
oh yeah....~~~^o^
Congratulation s2art
Djordje
Ace
Sujey wrote:
I have roughly 100 windows to fill on an elevation, all of which have different dimensions.

How can I fill these 2D polygons/windows without having to draw around the contours again?

susan
I hope that it is not an unlinked elevation ...

... because if it is not, you can assign the wanted fill to the glass material of the windows, switch the 3D hatch on, and spend some time having coffee while Archicad does it instead of you doing it.

That is what computers are for, right? If you draw every line and fill, do yourself a favour - sell the computer and the software, and spend the spoils on a drawing board, and a vacation in the Carribbean!

Congrats, Stuart!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable

(I feel like it's my birthday, which was only on Sunday last, incedently; no presents necessary, thanks. I might be listed as a Senior member but feel like I still have a LOT to learn).
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Wasn't it Socrates that said: All I know is I know nothing?
Of course, knowing that one does not know everything there is to know under the Sun is a prerequisite on the way to excellence.
And, there is a new version coming out every once in a while.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Djordje
Ace
... and the more I know the more I realize how much I don't know?

The knowledge sphere ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen