BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Filtering Elements in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every time I set filter elements in 3D from story to story, it goes back to infinite after reopening of project.
I use one story below all stories as visual favorites place and turning to infinite (3D filter off) causes me problem when switching to 3D. I must set that filter again and again.
Why it is not saved for project or what can I do to avoid this behavior. It happens in AC15,16 full as well as SE version.
Just to mention I cannot use modules for favorites. Currently I use SE version.
Thanks for advice.
Romik
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Romik:

One way to do this is to save a 3D View of the project in the View Map, which stores the 3D Filter settings, then open that View when opening the project. In the Help files see: User Interface Reference > Dialog Boxes > View Settings Dialog Box: View Settings 3D Only Panel at bottom of page.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David for advice. I've notice I have some 3D views saved without this filter on so this could cause my problems.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Romik wrote:
I've notice I have some 3D views saved without this filter on so this could cause my problems.
You should be able to open the View, change the 3D Filter Settings, open the View Setting for the View and click on the "Get Current Window's Settings" at the top of the dialog box to make the change.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I've already did so. Thanks.
Learn and get certified!