BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Finding Library Part GUIDs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know an easy way to find a library part's GUID? Aside from using XMLconverter that is (which I'll go to if I have to).

Is there some way to use the FROM_GUID and TO_GUID to get the actual values?

The subtype directory doesn't list all the loaded parts as far as I can tell. Just the templates/subtypes

It seems like this should be trivially easy. Perhaps it is and I'm just losing my mind.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew

If you select the object and open it up to the GDL editor,
Then at the top, hit the Select Subtype and then at the bottom of the Subtype Hierachy window is the Name, GUID and the Location.

I think that's what you're chasing!
Barry Kelly
No that is just the ID of the sub-type and not the actual library part.
There used to be REQUEST ("Internal_id", "", id) but I see that is no longer in the GDL user guide and just returns "0".

I am sure I have seen the library part GUID somewhere - I just can't think where (sorry - I'll keep thinking about it).
I remember seeing both the subtype ID and the library part ID at the same time in a dialogue box but that may have been back in version 10 or before possibly.

GLOB_INTGUID gives you the ID of the object instance but that is of no help.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Barry

Are you sure mate? It has been a while since I played with the GUID's but
I thought the first bracketed section was the main ID that contained the subtype and then the second section was the object ID.

I'm sure I have a book mark around for it somewhere.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhhhh spoke too soon!
Here is that link!
http://www.archicadwiki.com/GUID
Barry Kelly
To clarify.
You can't open the objects script and then go to the "Select Subtype" dialogue as that only shows you the subtype GUID.

You must use "Open object by subtype" then you can drill through the list to find the individual objects and their unique GUID.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!