Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

First floor - ground floor

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the international (american?) version of ArchiCAD there is no ground floor (zero floor); counting begins with 1st floor, which is quite disturbing for me as a European. However, I must help someone out who is using this version, so my question is whether I can change this somewhere in the preferences... from american to european counting.

Thanks.
18 REPLIES 18
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
International (INT) version is supposed to be British (UK) version AFAIK. However I must admit I have not noticed this discrepancy...
::rk
Thomas Holm
Booster
Make a template with your story naming/numbering preference. Start each new project with it.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, ok. But where do I change the story numbering for the template?
Thomas Holm
Booster
Design >Story settings. You change the name of the story to whatever you like. In this case, story #0 is PLAN 0 is the entrance = street level.
Bild 10.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know but in the version I am using there is a -1, then a +1 +2 +3 and so on but no 0!!!! This is my problem. I would like to have a story numbered 0...
Thomas Holm
Booster
Weird. Never had that problem. Maybe someone deleted Story 0?
I would just try to insert a new story below +1 (or above -1) and see what happens. Then you could copy everything from the relevant story to the new one. Look out for height issues, though. First work on a copy of your file. Story manipulation isn't always undoable.
Maybe you should include AC version and platform in your signature? The moderator always pleads for that habit!
__archiben
Booster
Thomas wrote:
Weird. Never had that problem. Maybe someone deleted Story 0?
the USA version has no storey 0 ("Story" 0 even) in its template. ask someone with the USA version to zip and send you the default template: see if that works. if not, it must be hard-coded into the actual localised version of the application. talk to your reseller . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is hard coded into the program and is one of the only differences between the US and INT versions apart from Attribute/Library issues, if not *the* only difference.

Either way, it shouldn't affect your work. When you take the project between the two versions, this viewpoint ID should change seamlessly.

Cheers,
Link.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thanks, Ben and Link, for your help. I had no idea this version difference existed. However, I was under the impression that "immaterial" was using the INT version just like me (not US). If I thought otherwise, I'd probably keep shut. So you're saying there is no way to get a floor numbered zero in the US version?