BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

First time working on big multi phase project have a few questions

mi_jan
Enthusiast
I’m starting a project soon that has 4 phases, they all have separate contracts and project numbers but its the same campus inside of the 1,800,000 Sq. ft. Site. (We will have a 6 person team running teamwork.

phase 1 - includes site work + a small building
phase 2 - Demolition of several buildings
phase 3 - 2 new building
Phase 4 - renovations of existing building

Q1:To start off I’m planning to make the Main file include the site and layouts and either Hotlink .pln’s or place module files of the other individual buildings that will be affected into my main file. [u-Which will be more beneficial for a project this size and does every file go into the teamwork or just the main one?

Q2: Regarding phase 1: There will be a significant change in the project contours in 20% of the site, the other 80% won't change. -Do I need to model two separate site models to have one in demolished and one in new construction, or should I have 3 site models, One main model with the 80% that doesn’t change to remain existing, with a cutout of the 20% that will change? and two models of the 20% that will change to set as demolished and new construction?

Q3: Regarding the project file - since it will have different project numbers and contracts. should I duplicate the file each time we change to a new phase and change the pertinent model info, or how would I go about the different phases and issuing revisions for each one?
iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!