BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fixing Internal Walls Exposed to Exterior

Anonymous
Not applicable
My question may relate as much to an architectural understanding as it does an ArchiCAD problem. However, I am having difficulty tidying up wall-to-roof connections after applying solid element operations. Specifically where external walls and internal walls adjoin.

After executing the ‘subtract with upward extrusion’ operation on these specific wall connections, I am left with the exposed plasterboard of the internal wall section.

I understand why the plasterboard is showing, although my question is, ‘how do I most effectively apply a veneer to exposed internal walls?’ I was thinking I could just patch it up with the wall tool, or apply a surface override to match the other exterior walls, although I would like the end result to be as architecturally accurate as possible for future sections and details.

As a Building Design student my understanding of certain structural applications is limited, so I have provided floor plan images and 3D views to better explain my dilemma. Any constructive advice would be much appreciated.

exposed_internal_walls_1.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would adjust the inner walls to stop at the garage slab and then create new walls over the slab which will basically be external walls. You need to split the inner walls at the point they become exposed (over the slab) and treat them as external walls. Sorry for my poor explanation caused by my limited english vocabulary.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply Haiku. Your English is actually better than some English speaking people I know. I understood every word. If 'vocabulary' is in your vocabulary you're doing alright.
Learn and get certified!