Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Flat roof composites with a in built 1:75 fall /slope

katakuri
Participant

Hi All,

For my projects it is necessary for flat roof build ups to have a sloped element above the timber roof deck to ferry the surface water to a trough gutter. Currently I create this by having two roof composites that together make the full flat roof build-up, the first being a totally flat timber deck with OSB and plasterboard the otherside, the second being the 1 degree sloped firring, insulation and EPDM finish.

I wondered if there was a way to create a roof composite to incorporate part of the element being on a sloped angle such that this could be one composite?

This would be useful to me because this would make flat roof skylights look cleaner as I will not need to create a second opening.

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

@katakuri wrote:

I wondered if there was a way to create a roof composite to incorporate part of the element being on a sloped angle such that this could be one composite?

No, this is not possible with a roof.

Top and bottom surfaces are parallel to each other.

The only elements that can have a flat bottom and sloping top are morphs and meshes.

And neither of these can use composites.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Emre Senoglu
Expert

Here's a workaround that might work -  there is a GDL object created by a forum user Paulo that does something that comes close to what you want: a mesh object with layers. You wouldn't be able to add a skylight to it, but you could cut a hole in the mesh and add a roof as a glass or so.

The latest version of the object is in this page, the second last post. It is from 2 years ago though, so I hope it still works fine on AC25. layered mesh object - forum post

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk