BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Flip Reveal side of windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I`m facing a really annoying problem. Working on a project when most of my windows are messed up - wrong reveal side of placement. So when I add the sill options on my windows - the sill is on the wrong side. The flip option does not change the reveal side. The only solution i have found is to pick the window and to place it on the same position this time with the right reveal side. Is there any simpler workarround?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
When placing the window into the wall it is important that you first click on the outside of the wall so the smart cursor shows the sun symbol on that side, then second click will determine the opening side, more for doors than windows.
Barry Kelly
And while placing the window the TAB key will swap the side of the reveal (sun icon) if you happen to get it wrong on the first click.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
FreakyStepz:

Rather than Flip, select the Window and use the Rotate command.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
If you want to change the reveal side of an existing door and you want to keep the door swing in exactly the same location you have two choices.

ALT click the door to get all of it's properties, delete the existing and place a new door.
You will have to re-do any associated dimensions.

Or select the existing door, flip, rotate and mirror it.
It will be exactly the same swing but with the reveal on the opposite side.
the dimensions should stay associated as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!