BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Flip line direction on slab/roof in section

canvea
Booster
Hi, I am using a "grass" type line on a composite, so it shows as grass in the section. However, the line is sometimes flipped to the wrong side, see attached image. Is there a way to change the direction of the roof slab or the line?

Edit: The two slabs shown in the attached image are roof slabs with a slight angle. When I change the one on the left to match the angle of the one on the right the line flips as well. So when the roof is sloped downwards to the right the grass is displayed correctly, but not when it is sloped towards the left... Why are you like this Archicad.
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry for the experience!
Unfortunately, this is a known issue related symbol lines in Composite. When a symbol line is used in a Composite, it can happen that sometimes you don’t get the desired result in the display.

For symbol lines, the "direction" of the pattern is defined by the direction of the drawn line. And later is defined by the particular element and where it is displayed (for example a Slab/Roof/Shell on Floor Plan/in Section, etc.)

The only workaround, in this case, is to mirror the Line Type and use this for the Composite. You might also need to create a duplicate of the Composite based on its direction, using the two different Line Types (normal and mirrored) and apply them accordingly.

We had an existing entry in our system for addressing this issue (please refer to it as GISS-352). Unfortunately, changing this behavior is a big design task, but I really hope that we will be able to address this in the future.

Thank you once again for your contribution! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry for the experience!
Unfortunately, this is a known issue related symbol lines in Composite. When a symbol line is used in a Composite, it can happen that sometimes you don’t get the desired result in the display.

For symbol lines, the "direction" of the pattern is defined by the direction of the drawn line. And later is defined by the particular element and where it is displayed (for example a Slab/Roof/Shell on Floor Plan/in Section, etc.)

The only workaround, in this case, is to mirror the Line Type and use this for the Composite. You might also need to create a duplicate of the Composite based on its direction, using the two different Line Types (normal and mirrored) and apply them accordingly.

We had an existing entry in our system for addressing this issue (please refer to it as GISS-352). Unfortunately, changing this behavior is a big design task, but I really hope that we will be able to address this in the future.

Thank you once again for your contribution! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!