Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Floor Plan Representation

Srinivas
Booster
Dear all,

The attached two images shows you the crossection of a footing and its plan view. I created the crossection in the new Profile manager as a wall element and when I try to draft it on floor plan the representation is not the way I expected.

Previously in V 9.0 we used to do with two walls assigning them individual properties, I am happy to see the profile manager but the floor plan representation is where it is giving me the trouble.

Is there a way to represent the floor plan as shown in the image or do I have to draft it the same way as in V 9.0.

Normally how do you draft all your footings in V 10.0?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Srinivas
Booster
Floor Plan Representation.............
ArchiCAD Services
iMac, Windows 10
TomWaltz
Participant
Unfortunately, anything below the Floor Plan Cut Plan shows up as a solid.

I've been making my footing a medium gray instead of dashed. It's not graphically ideal, but it gets the point across.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can create a view with the floorcut plan lower. That way you will cut the upper part and see the projection of the lower one.

Its great that you can save the floor cut level within each view. Its real handy
Srinivas
Booster
oreopoulos wrote:
Its great that you can save the floor cut level within each view. Its real handy
Thanks Oreopoulos, I'll try it out and let you know.
ArchiCAD Services
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
On similar note: has anyone tried to copy walls from the ground floor to a zero height foundation storey and found they won't appear as they are not present in the fdtn vertical zone? The copies were automatically moved to the ground floor! I guess there is a way around this.