Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Floor Plan and Section not responding?

Karol Lozinski
Participant
Hi! I've got a small issue with fill on my slab. Specifically - I can do nothing about it. I tried to change it (fit it), or do anything about it but it just won't change. Parameters shown in a screenshot apply to slab on the same picture. Am I doing something wrong? Is something disabled? Please, help

forum.PNG
AC 27 Win 11
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Karol:

Your screen shot shows the dialog box for the Slab Settings > Floor Plan and Section for the Cover Fill, which is seen in the 2D view. The Slab's section is set by the Geometry and Positioning > Cut Fill (Insulation - Mineral Soft in your case). So to change the Slab's Section Fill Type, use the Geometry and Positioning setting. In the Floor Plan and Section panel there is the Cut Surfaces subpanel where the Section Pens can be changed.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karol Lozinski
Participant
Thanks David for your reply So there's no way of moving this fill around? Like using fill handles? So I can fit it manually? Or do I have to make new fill and apply it to my slab?
AC 27 Win 11
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
If you want the fill to fit, it's better if you use composites (instead of a basic structure). That way you can set the building material fill orientation to "Fit to skin".
The "Insulation - Mineral Soft" you are using already has this setting, just use it with a composite structure.

Best regards.
Karol Lozinski
Participant
Well... Works like charm! So, as I understand, even if I want to make a single layer slab it's better to make it as composite so fill will fit, right? Because making it the other way will mess its look in section?
AC 27 Win 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Karol:

Depends on the fill. In your example where there is a fill that needs to fill the space to look correct, use the Composite. But there are many other fills, like concrete, where the fill origin and width does not matter. Basic slabs can be any thickness, for the Composites you would need to create a separate Composite for each thickness.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karol Lozinski
Participant
Sorry for not replying for so long. I'd like to thank you for your quick help! You are the best!
AC 27 Win 11