BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Floor/Story Variations

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am building 3D model of a project consisting of approx. 500 residential units. The project comprises of 4 blocks and the property is sloping. The blocks vary in the amount of floors. The floor-to-ceiling heights also differ among the blocks.

I created 4 separate PLN files for each block and set the 'Stories' as required. Each set of stories is of course different, taking in account the individual design for each block. So far so good.

I then created 5th PLN file to consolidate all the 4 blocks into a single model. Using "Place Hotlinked Module" I started bringing the individual blocks into the consolidated file. And that is where the problem started: Some floors got displaced vertically during the process. I can clearly understand the reason why such thing happened. This is because I failed to arrive with the universal solution how to set 4 different Floor/Story variations for each block within a single file.

I am therefore looking for the solution how to avoid vertical displacement of the floors and, at the same time, have correct floor level reference for each block within a single file. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to hotlink as individual stories rather than whole buildings. Select the "Single story mode" in file open dialog. That way you can move them up and down to fit. It's a little tedious at first but once done the updates are (semi) automatic.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to hotlink as individual stories rather than whole buildings. Select the "Single story mode" in file open dialog. That way you can move them up and down to fit. It's a little tedious at first but once done the updates are (semi) automatic.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Matthew.
Learn and get certified!