BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Floor plan cut through not cutting dormer wall

Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Hi,
I would like to show a dormer wall in plan as it is cut through by the roof. At the moment, the full length of the wall is showing on plan instead of only the portiion below the floor plan cut plane.
Archicad 26 Win11
7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru
Could you show the floor plan here? I do not quite sure what you mean? Though I see that you have a SOE on that wall with the roof(?), which might be your issue as they are not represented in the floor plan.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Thanks for responding.
Sorry, thought I had posted the floor plan....
Yes, the wall and roof do have SEO on them but that did not change how the wall was represented on the plan. I have attached the floor plan now.
Archicad 26 Win11
Barry Kelly
The SEO may make the wall appear higher than the floor cut plane, but as Ling said, the SEO is not shown in the plan view.
So although you have cut the wall, it will appear in its entirety in plan.
You can force the wall to show as 'Overhead All' or you can hide that layer from the plan view.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Thanks Barry,

I'm not wanting to show the SEO cut on plan. I am wanting the plan to show only the part of the wall that is below the floor plan cut plane i.e. only show the part of the wall that is below 1150mm. Currently it shows all the wall - even that that is above 1150mm.

Tracey
Archicad 26 Win11
Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Sorry ,took a while for the concept to sink in! I get what you're saying about the SEO now. I've tried overhead all but that then shows all the wall as dotted. I want to show half as dotted and half as solid. Is there any way to cut the wall on an angle so it is a true representation?
Archicad 26 Win11
Barry Kelly
That is the thing.
The base of the wall is flat.
It is trimmed on an angle in 3D but this does not show on plan.
It shows in plan as if the wall is still flat - which it is.
If the base is below the cut plane you will see the cut for the entire length of the wall - regardless of how it appears in 3D.
If you select the wall in 3D you will still see nodes on the part that has been cut off.

Split the length into 2 and hide the bit you don't want to see on a layer that is turned off in plan but on for sections, elevations and 3D views.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Hi Barry,

I get what you're saying now. My next question is, how do I show the roof as it actually would be if it was cut through, i.e with structure showing where it is cut, dashed lines for elements above (eaves etc) and solid roof showing below? None of the settings seem to do this.

Thanks
Archicad 26 Win11
Learn and get certified!