Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Floor plan cutting plane - two heights for same plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I have two questions regarding making and showing drawings in Archicad.

... [Question 1 moved to a new thread: PLEASE keep each thread to a single topic. If you have two totally unrelated questions, make two posts, each to the proper forum. Moderator.]

2) Second question is regarding the display of floorpans. Is it possible to have two different floor cutting plane heights in the same floorpan? In this case I have two separate buildings on the same floorpan where one is located 50cm lower than the other one. I want to cut them both 150cm above the floor level to make sure window openings appear the same in both buildings and especially the slanted roof is cut relatively at the same height for each building.

If someone could help me with these (or just one of these) questions, that would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Milan

Ps if something is unclear, just let me know, I will be happy to clarify anything or send some screenshots of what I meant.
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
The FPCP is View specific, so you can save two Views with different FPCP settings and align them both on a Layout.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
As suggested by Ling you will need to save two views with different cut plane heights.
When you align the two views (drawings) on the one layout page, you will also need to crop each drawing so you have only the one building you need in each.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, that's what thought as well just makes it a bit complicated for the building we are making right now, with a lot of different levels...