Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Floor plan issues and viewing objects

I am designing a multi floor building. The building has walls and columns that start on the lowest floor and terminate at various floor. When I place those items and set the layout to show the items on "all stories" or "all relevant stories" I would expect to see those components on the various stories but I don't. Never had this problem before. I am using AC25 (5005) USA. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue or is this a need to uninstall and reinstall (really don't want to do that). I am also using the most up-to-date version of Win10 Pro.

As an example, I have a wall that starts in the basement and terminates at the top of the second floor. When I select the basement floor plan the wall is shown but when I change to the first floor floor plan the wall doesn't show even though I set it to show on all stories. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hello and thanks to all who replied. So far I wads able to solve my issue by pushing the slab (floor) back. So at this time I will say I have my solution to the issue currently. It would have been nice if there was a drop down or popup menu that showed the build order of the floor plans that would allow the user to change the build order directly and have it apply to all stories or just the current one.  Again thanks.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
DGSketcher
Legend

@wile e coyote genius If you are sure the wall height is correct I would check the wall layer and displayed layer settings for the different stories. It could also be a renovation setting issue between storey views.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hi @wile e coyote genius , I think you can share a photo for the screen or upload a small video to display more options might be unnoticed.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Hello DGSketcher

I looked at the settings and everything looks right to me. Here are some photos to show the settings and the floor plans. Maybe you can see something that I missed. Thanks.Highlighted wall and settings.jpgStory 1.jpgStory 2.jpg

@wile e coyote genius , sorry photos’ resolution is very low really not clear, excuse me can you reupload with higher resolution?

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
DGSketcher
Legend

@wile e coyote genius The strangest thing I can see in your images is the quick menu setting at the bottom of the screen are mostly showing "All visible and unlocked". Typically these would display as more obvious names relating to the pen set, MVO, GO, renovation status & dimension style. Have you renamed these items from the standard template setting?

Have you got a 3D view of the the area contains the full wall?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hello all. As requested I have attached higher res pictures below. You should be able to zoom in and read the text in the properties menu. Also I have added a 3D picture showing the wall and how it shows on all 3 stories (stories 1 & 2 visible). As for the "Quick Settings" menu across the bottom, I didn't know what that was and never looked at it. What is shown I figured was the default settings. After quickly looking at the various buttons and their options I am going to have to read what they are and how to use them. So as shown previously the wall does not show on stories 1 & 2 in the floor plans but does show in the 3D view. Still stumped.

3D.jpgHighlighted wall and settings.jpg

DGSketcher
Legend

@wile e coyote genius Ok so next best guess I see some of your upper walls are visible so I have narrowed it down to you may have a cover fill applied to the slab which is masking the walls. Can you try changing the display order on the floor above to bring the missing walls forward - Edit > Display Order > Bring to Front or send the slab backwards and see if that fixes it.

This looks a bit like a bug as I created a wall on the basement storey then added a slab on the ground floor and it was displayed ok, but if I then turn on the cover fill the wall becomes hidden even though it is extended above the slab. If you go to the next storey above where the wall is present it displays correctly.

For now it looks like you may have to manage your wall display order manually or avoid using the slab cover fill.

This needs a bit more investigation as I'm unsure if it works this way in previous versions or if it is a new display problem.

Hello DGSketcher, I tried the "fill" thing but no luck there. So I then tried the build order command and pushed both slabs back and that worked so far. The only down side I see is that now I have to push back all of my floor slabs. But that brings a new question, How does one set the build order? My thought would be that the build order would start with the lowest item on the floor and then adding those items that are above that point based on the height of the object and lastly those items that show on the story but start at a point below the current story. Any suggestions?

DGSketcher
Legend

@wile e coyote genius The expected logic of Z value display order doesn't work with storey plan views, the created view is literally a 2D presentation based on different data to more closely follow conventions of architectural drawings. I believe there is a logic that is applied to ensure the walls, slabs, notes & dimensions have a default order to ensure you can still see the dimensions on top. All other views (apart from details) are extracted from the 3D model. If you open a GDL object file you will see a script for creating the 2D image and another for the 3D model. In 2D you have access to the display order in 3D projections you don't.

As a suggestion I would select all the elements in your 2D plan on each storey and then in the display order menu use the Reset option and after that send your floor slabs to the back. It may hopefully fix things.