BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Footing in AC 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got all excited about using the footing object in the add on library and then discovered it does not "draw" (like you would draw a wall) but comes in in a predetermined shape in plan. What am I missing? Is there a way to follow the plan? AC 9 iMac G5 OS X

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
TomWaltz
Participant
I think in AC9, that acts as an accessory object and is meant to link to a slab.

AC10 is a lot better about that
Tom Waltz
Rakela Raul
Participant
but cadimage has a great accessory for footings according to their web site
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
TomWaltz
Participant
Rakela wrote:
but cadimage has a great accessory for footings according to their web site
I've used it before... I was unimpressed.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it worked quite well.... untill you try to modify the shape of your slab. It always starts at the same point, counting faces around the slab. If you add or delete nodes, or change the slab shape you have to check your footing profiles (unless its a nice easy one with only one profile all the way round).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tips.
__archiben
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
I've used it before... I was unimpressed.
sorry tom - i have to disagree! it handles most of the footings and thickenings i work with extremely well. and because of its parametric intelligence, slab changes mean easily updated founds, thickenings and footings . . . something that complex profile beams are yet to handle well as you have seen from my examples elsewhere !

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Rakela Raul
Participant
slab changes mean easily updated founds, thickenings and footings
i though it was automatic
i wish ac had more of that 'relatioships' thing.. for slab and walls, walls and roof...not a lot relationships, just a few
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Hmidd wrote:
Got all excited about using the footing object in the add on library and then discovered it does not "draw" (like you would draw a wall) but comes in in a predetermined shape in plan. What am I missing? Is there a way to follow the plan? AC 9 iMac G5 OS X

Thanks
just draw the footings as walls.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
I think in AC9, that acts as an accessory object and is meant to link to a slab.

AC10 is a lot better about that
Tom,

What is the method in AC10?
Learn and get certified!