Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Frame Depths on Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are currently on Version 9 (upgrading this month to Version 11), and having a hard time with the door library. We do a lot of work with brick and cmu block-why doesn't the library parts (metal doors) allow for a 2" frame depth for the jambs, and a 4" frame depth for the head? This makes no sense to us, to not be able to adjust this parameter. **Or are we missing a setting somewhere?**

Block dimensions do not allow for a 2" door head without cutting the block; it causes us to do alot of tweaking in the documents for our elevations to appear correct. Then our 3-D images appear as if we are cutting block, etc. etc.

also-for texture/materials on elevations...is there a setting that allows for the block (and brick pattern) to start at a wall base, and produce the block 'lines' from that point? all of our elevations appear as if we are also cutting block on the ends. Which makes our doors appear to be placed randomly in a wall.

With all that the program does, these simple items would be huge strides from a marketing standpoint.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
-Kathleen
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
Which door object are you using? I think the commercial door has a separate frame head parameter.

The Material origin can be controlled with the Align Texture command. It's weird, but the same command controls the 3D material and the hatch origin.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using the metal doors; the commercial doors do not allow for removal of 'rough opening extra' dimensions on the horizontal and vertical. I cannot get those settings to be adjustable in commmercial doors. We want the rough opening to be 3'-4", with frame inside of opening, and don't want that extra rough opening dimension.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you!!!

"Material origin can be controlled with the Align Texture command. It's weird, but the same command controls the 3D material and the hatch origin."