Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Future of BIM / ArchiCAD / Architectural Software in general

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

What is your opinion about the future of Architectural Software in general?

I'm researching in this direction and I'm interested what experts / students / programmers / and the software companies themselves think about it.

My idea is that there are 3 options:

1, Wider selection of software + better adaptability and interoperability with other platforms
2, 1-2 super software to cover all design phases, basically mix of Rhino & a BIM program

3, both of the previous, so the widest selection of software we can choose (as everything else, like food, clothes, options and options)

What do you think?

Best,
Brijitte
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just today I read about the start of the beta phase of a brand new, fully cloud 3D CAD software called OnShape:

http://www.thecadinsider.com/2015/03/jon-hirschtick-opens-up-about-onshape-why-it-was-created-what-i...

I was thinking if this is something that will happen in BIM as well: that there will be fully cloud only BIM applications in the future, and if yes, how many people will adopt them.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm this sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing I think this would be more interesting with also combining or connecting for example Rhino with a BIM program and use it fully cloud.
Anonymous
Not applicable
What's exciting is the coupling with FEA and Multiphysics
Anonymous
Not applicable
DesignEngineerBIM can you give me some explanation to this, or where to read about this? Thanks a lot!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brijitte wrote:
DesignEngineerBIM can you give me some explanation to this, or where to read about this? Thanks a lot!
http://www.onshape.com/partners/technology
Check out the simulations -> partners