rob2218 wrote:This a pointless discussion and sterile conjecture.
this would achieve a few things:
1) anyone leaving Autodesk would have a chance to simply go apply to GS.
2) GS could get some good programmers that have some insight into how best to make DWG translations, transitions, etc..
3) By having Autodesk right next door, there might be a chance to gain extra insight into how the 'competitor' does their business.
4) You will learn much more about the enemy by having him right next to you than half a world away (believe this one friend....believe it).
5) California is where "everything" happens first here in the U.S.A. Any new development will occur in the west coast due to their innovative mindset.
Are those enough reasons for you?
rob2218 wrote:Much better than just saying it was pointless and then bailing, don't you think?
for such a "pointless discussion"...you sure spewed out a bunch..