BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Beginner : window questions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys !

I've been using archicad for quite a time so I decided to start learning GDL.

I decided to create a frameless window as exercise and to not start from scratch, I modified the Curved Window 19.
As of now, the window works fine, I can divide it horizontally and vertically but I still have some questions:

1) there is a lot of calls to external functions like
call "GS Window Functions"
call "FM_types"
call "ui_tabIDlistHierarchy_m"
is there more documentation about these function and is there a source code for it ? (to try to get what they are doing internally and how it's done)

2) I don't really get the UI part and it's not straight forward to understand what are the available default panels and if there is a way to modify them without rebuilding it from scratch.
ex: remove the Frame Surface from the model attributes List
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Window Settings and Opening Model Attributes
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"pageCallWinModAttributes":
	call "ui_WinSettOpeningModAttr_m" parameters listFieldWinOpSettAttrID = listFieldWinOpSettAttrID,
										iWindowShape	= iWindowShape,
										bVentilationProfile	= 0,
										iWindowType			= 18,				! WIN_Curved
										gs_bLeftSLight		= 0,
										gs_bSLight			= 0,
										gs_UTrans			= 0,
										gs_UTrans_Div		= 0,
										gs_LTrans			= 0,
										gs_LTrans_Div		= 0,
										gs_sash_uniform		= 0,
										gs_panes_number		= 0,
										bOverride_MVO_3D	= bOverride_MVO_3D,
										or_bOplines3D		= or_bOplines3D

return
If you have some solutions for that.

3) About the schedule.
a)Is there a way to easily annotate the drawings from the GDL script ? I'd like to have automatic dimensions for my panels. The attachment is made with the "annotate" tool of the schedule. I know how to check if I am drawing in the Schedule :
IF GLOB_CONTEXT = 6 THEN !Schedule 
	iLoD2D = SCALE_50
ENDIF
but I don't know how to draw dimensions objects. I think I can make it work with lines, but quite more complicated.
b) any idea on how to make it work in the elevation view of the window ?

Thank you for your help
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
But then what happens then when you want to adjust the length but not the angle?
You won't really win that one.
A Window has 4 hotspots to control the same value. One on each side is way enough to do that.
Barry wrote:
Just change the hotspot radius - that is the best/easiest solution I have found.
You never want hotspots overlapping if you can avoid it.
I am checking with other ways of modifying that angle, and overlapping hotspots are the main trouble I get with these ways. That's why I try to know if there is other solutions.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!