BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Data I/O Add-on in Master Script

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

Today I was trying to create a text data base file that would with reference values for some objects in my library, so I tried to use ARCHICAD GDL DATA I/O Add-on.

The problem is that when I tried to use my snippet in the Master Script, I always received a report that told me that the text file doesn't exist (although it exists and is loaded in my library), but when I take the snippet to another place such as 3D Script or 2D Script, it works as a charm.

Can someone tell me, why the DATA Add-on doesn't work in the Master Script or how to make it work in the Master Script ?

Thank you in advance
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
2 REPLIES 2
JaseBee
Advocate
I've had issues like this too, although it was a while ago so I'm writing this from memory.

I seemed to get much better results using the Data and Text I/O addons with the fullpath option instead of the library one.

Which in itself created a whole different set of issues.

But I would be interested if other people had reliable ways of utilising these features... It has long been a dream of mine to create links between objects, and this seems to be the only path capable of doing it.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Nader Belal
Mentor
@JaseBee

Thanks a lot for this bit of info., but for me this method have already proven to be impractical if the "Library" mode would not work around
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Learn and get certified!