Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Fill - Undocumented feature for scale

Danny Sparks-Cousins
Contributor
Hi all,

Just worked out how to define a fill in GDL and choose between 'Scale with plan' or 'Scale independent', as per the standard Fill Types Options - using the FILLTYPES_MASK when defining the fill.

The GDL manual documents the available fill types (when using [[,] FILLTYPES_MASK fill_types,]):

fill_types:
fill_types = j1 + 2*j2 + 4*j3, where each j can be 0 or 1.
j1: cut fills,
j2: cover fills,
j3: drafting fills.
If the j bit is set, the defined fill can be used corresponding to its specified type. Default is all fills (0).

but there is a j4: scale independent.

If you set the fill type to: fill_types = j1 + 2*j2 + 4*j3 + 8*j4 then you can control the Scale with plan / Scale independent option.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,
Danny
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I understand correctly, this is an undocumented feature, in which case I need to inform GS to include it in the Docs.
I am also wondering if this has changed in AC17 since there is a new Fill Category: "Cut Fill - Building Material". I don't know now if this is considered different from the "Cut Fill" category in GDL, I know it is different in the ArchiCAD UI.
In any case, I let GS know about this and they will update the Docs.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27