BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Global ID as numeric value

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
I want to use Global _Id as a numeric object. can i convert it to a numeric value?
ie I want to enter a number in the global id field & i want to use it in a formula, m2 to sq.ft
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dwayne,

I guess the SPLIT function can pretty do the job...

You can find all the information about it in the GDL Reference Manual page 209.

HTH

p.s.: You can find it also in the "GDL Handbook" by your compatriot Andrew Watson! (pages 54-55)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza!
Thank you very much!!

That was exactly the answer! Too Easy!!

I am now building many 2D txt objects with multiple mathematical functions & equations. very handy!

again. Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are welcome Dwayne. I'm glad it helped you.

Ah! BTW... Don't forget to create your profile signature with your AC version, OS and HW specs... It helps us help you.

See you around.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have another question.

I am wanting to do some calculations on the Area of a Story.

I am struggling to find the right command to read the parameters of the objects...

I have used the 'REQUEST ("Story_info", x ,x )' command for the elevation and height and htis works how I expect.

I have experimented with the other variants such as;
'REQUEST("Name_of_fill", index, name)
but cannot work out where the index parameter relates to on the objects.??
My interpretation is that the index relates to the unique identifier of the object, but where that is is where I am struggling.

Or, can I read the value from a schedule??##
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwayne wrote:
I have experimented with the other variants such as;
'REQUEST("Name_of_fill", index, name)
but cannot work out where the index parameter relates to on the objects.??
My interpretation is that the index relates to the unique identifier of the object, but where that is is where I am struggling.

Or, can I read the value from a schedule??##
If I'm correct... the "Name_of_fill" request is only used to get the string name of a specified fill and put them in a drop down parameter...

If you are trying to use it to extract the area of a fill in your object... I don't think you can.

Could you describe exactly what you are trying to achieve... I guess a simply zone could give you the exactly area of a story... or I'm missing something?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I am creating a Floor Label object that has The name of the drawing & the Area of the Floor. & the total Area of the building. Because the area always changes I wanted it to be easily user altered (ie entering it in the user id).
I thoght I would attempt to go 1 better & have it totally automatic so it updates by itself. hence putting the area in the script somehow. ( I get the area from a fill) mainly because it updates when stretching with the marque, whereas I dont think a zone will.
I also use a customised project info function in the object as well. which im having trouble with converting to square feet (another neat little function in the object)
I know you could probably set up a schedule to be linked o the sheet layout, but I prefer iton the drawing.
I am happy to send to you ifyou want to have a look.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok. So I have just realised the zone tool does stretch & move like a fill does. Great! I assume i can 'request'the parameters of zones then? ie areas? so I can automatically convert them to sq. ft & also quantify them.

I will be in touch.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Different DUANE here, (and I know another Dwayne Murphy!)...

So I am trying to create a Label that shows the NAME of the fill it points to... Can someone walk me thru this?

I supposed I could use IND(Fill, variable) and use that for the REQUEST(Name_of_fill, index, name variable)....

Sticking this the master script of a label and AUTOLABELING a fill provides nothing..

I have to poll 6 or 7 people to get feedback on which fills should stay or go in our next template and I'm looking for easy ways to provide a graphic...

250+ fills... I can TEXT Name them all... but thought I'd ask.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

n =request ("Name_of_fill", FILL_FILL, fillname)
text2 0, 0, fillname

Hope this helps.

Regards, Juha
Learn and get certified!