Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL: Same Axis Hotspots

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

Is there a way to toggle between overlapping hotspots on the same axis that have a relative position to each other?

Scenario:
Two editable hotspots: hotspot A and hotspot B
When B = 0, hotspot B = hotspot A

To make things more complicated, I have a third hotspot that runs on a different axis with the position of A. So while hotspot A(h) and hotspot A(v) move around, I want an option to be able to move hotspot B so that it does stops being equal to hotspot A

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
It is a bit of a pain when hotspots overlap.
Only one can be selectable on the screen.
I think it may have to do with the order in which they are scripted or it could be to do with the hotspot ID numbers - I have not really tested it.

Maybe you can script your hotspots so that they both display only when hotspot A does not equal hotspot B.
Then when they are equal you can script the one you will most likely want to use (if, then, else).

But I can pretty much guarantee that there will be times when you want the other hotspot.
Then you are back to move one out of the way so you can get the other, then move the first one back.

On occasions I have resorted to scripting the hotspots that are in the same line, slightly offset from each other so both can still be selected.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Feels rather inconsistent... With just a horizontal and a vertical, you can modify either in the tracker. I have a similar situation with two of my 3D hotspot locations where I had an overlap between a vertical hotspot and a diagonal in one case and two diagonals in another. When they overlapped, I had an option to input a values into each of their parameters. This is not the case though for all of my hotspots that can overlap when an offset is set to zero...
On occasions I have resorted to scripting the hotspots that are in the same line, slightly offset from each other so both can still be selected.

That might be an option for the 2D hotspot. Not so for the 3D ones, though the 3D ones will rarely overlap so it is not that much of a loss.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660