BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL & Marked Distance Area

Erich
Contributor
Perhaps I am missing something obvious but it seems as though my scripted GDL objects do not respond to the Marked distance area in the same way as walls/roofs, etc.

Typically I have my elevations set up with the Marked Distance Area set on, Fill Uncut Surfaces with Nothing, Uniform Pen for Uncut Contours set to off, and Vectorial 3D Hatching set on. I realize that I can override the pens with the Uniform Pen setting turned on, but other objects respond to the above settings without resorting to this.

So am I mad or can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erich,

Could you post here a pla file replicating the issue that you are experiencing?...
Erich
Contributor
Braza,

Thanks for the response. I don't have AC up & running tonight but I will try to post a PLA and a PDF example of what I am experiencing tomorrow.

If what I am seeing is normal, fine, I will work around it. However, if I am missing an options in my scripts, or some setting generally, it would be nice to know.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Erich
Contributor
Here is the behaviour I am seeing.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich,

Which environment variables are you using to control the pen color?... GLOB_CONTEXT and a REQUEST?...
Erich
Contributor
Braza,

Sorry, it has been a busy week...

Right now I am not using any environmental variables in the scripts, nor do I see any used others scripts. So I guess my questions becomes, if we want our parts to respond to the Marked Distance Area, do we need to script this and if so how? It seem that this should be more of a systems functionality rather than something we must add to our scripts.

For now I work around this by using a uniform pen for all objects beyond the marked distance, and this works to some degree. Mostly, I am just wondering if there is a way to improve what I am currently doing.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich,

At least you found a workaround.

Actually I asked about the environment variables, because I simple didn't know it was possible to control the pen color of an object by its position within the Marked Distance Area. It seems it is not possible...

Perhaps in AC13?...
Learn and get certified!