Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL for Gradient fill

Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
I couldn't find anything about Gradient Fill coding in GDL?
Is it somewhere hidden in GDL reference guide?
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
4 REPLIES 4
Frank Beister
Advisor
AFAIK is there no implementation of gradient fills in GDL. Saving a gradient fill as GSM results in a solid fill.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
I hope that there is an answer...
I've noticed that there is no way to put gradient fill simply from saving to GDL.
Pity. I prepare furniture library for interior designers - it will be nice to made their 2d symbols more graphic.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Frank Beister
Advisor
If it would be possible it would have to have a POLY2xxx command in GDL with fitting parameters. But there isn't one. The last one added is POLY2_B{3} with new parameters for new feature of skewed hatching. I am pretty shure, there isn't a way to solve it by one command.

The hard way is to program it with numerous pens for segmented polygons. Sorry.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Nevertheless - thanks very much for no-answer 🙂