Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL object from AC13 in AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I found that if you will save the gdl object in AC 13 you can't see in AC12.
Is possibility to save object in AC 13 that will by possible to use in AC 12?
3 REPLIES 3
If You made an embeded object...check what hapens if You save the pln file to 12...

If does not work - there are some possibilities to use GDL development packages both for 13 and 12 by converting to XML and back to GSM inside lower version's tool, however there may be problems with commands 13-specific - so be carefull.

Best Regards,
Piotr
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
sigitas:

GDL parts are not backwards compatible. You can use the converter as Piotr suggests, or create an object in 12 and copy the scripts from the 13 version to the 12 version. Of course, any commands new to 13 will not work in 12. This is why objects should be developed in the earliest version of ArchiCAD in which they might be used.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
andrewzarb
Booster
Piotr wrote:
...use GDL development packages both for 13 and 12...
I haven't used the mentioned package but my trick is to open the library part in the current version and a new object (blank) in the version you want to downgrade to.

Then copy and paste all the scripts and duplicate all the parameters from the existing library part to the new one.

As mentioned commands that are new will not work in the older version but for many there are workarounds.