BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL object to show an image in 3D

ashwanikumarshukla
Participant
Can we use any image to create GDL object & show in 3D as it is? Please suggest how can we use image in GDL Object.
Ashwani Kumar Shukla

Archicad 12-26, 64gb ram, window 10
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ashwanikumarshukla:

You can use the Picture 20 Object to show a bitmap image in 3D. If you are writing GDL for your own object, then look at the Picture command in the GDL Reference Guide.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
ashwanikumarshukla wrote:
Can we use any image to create GDL object & show in 3D as it is? Please suggest how can we use image in GDL Object.
open archicad library deciduous trees. and put custom pictire in 3D representation
ashwanikumarshukla
Participant
ispyridis wrote:
ashwanikumarshukla wrote:
open archicad library deciduous trees. and put custom pictire in 3D representation

There is not any option to show custom image & materials. I am unable to use material which i select in object.

Ashwani

Archicad 19, 16gb Ram, Window10
Ashwani Kumar Shukla

Archicad 12-26, 64gb ram, window 10
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks for posting that you are on version 19. The Picture 19 object and the Deciduous tree object both have options for a custom image. Note: the image file has to be loaded into your loaded libraries, either into the embedded library, or in a folder that is loaded.

I can only attach one image per post. so this post shows the Picture 19 parameters where you tick that you want a custom picture and enter your image name. (Again, there is no file path/etc ... as the image is loaded into the library and referenced only by its name.)
Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 2.37.28 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
And here is the 3D image setting for the tree library part. (There is a separate panel for setting the 2D / plan view image.)
Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 2.37.04 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!