BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL parameter list "unique" modifier

julienK
Advocate
In the GDL interface there is this option on the parameter list for every variable to set it as "unique". The documentation says that it prevents this variable to be transfer to another instance of the object.

The way i understand it, it means that if I set then length and width of my object as unique and use the pick and drop tool in archicad those parameters should not be applied on the dropped object.

However this is not working on my system.

Am I understanding this function correctly and it simply has been deprecated or is it supposed to do something else ?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
That is correct but it is only when you are transferring the settings within the object settings dialogue.
This does not apply to transferring settings from one object to another in the model.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
julienK
Advocate
Thanks barry. It indeed works within the options dialog.

It would be nice it this could be done directly in the model. In my case a have created a series of fences objects that we often use in the office. All these objects share the same code base.

It would be really nice to be able to switch from one model to the the other for all the instances of one object. Maybe it will be possible one day. I wish we could add our own parameters to the parameter transfer selection tool, it would make it so much more useful. At the moment, at least for objects it is somewhat limited.
Learn and get certified!