Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GLOB_CONTEXT full list

sinceV6
Advocate
Hello everyone.
This has been asked before. I did some research, going almost 10 years back, and found:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=39388
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=33078
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4670

but not the full list of values.

This came to my attention as I was adding some lines for editing feedback in a script as I had other times, and now just couldn't make it work. I then realized I was editing the part in a worksheet, so the context... well... was out of context.

Even though the worksheet is not listed in the editing feedback modes, I was sure there should be a value for this. I added an integer parameter value to change the context from parameters interactively (instead of opening the script every time) and found that '27' worked as editing feedback mode in a worksheet, may it be or not exclusive to it; and yet... it is not listed.

In the end I just made 22<=GLOB_CONTEXT<=28 for the editing feedback to work in all views.

I'm guessing the jumps between values are there on purpose, but I would like to know if there are other values that are not listed in the GDL help:

GLOB_CONTEXT context of appearance
1 -library part editor
2 - floor plan
3 - 3D view
4 - section/elevation
5 - settings dialog
6 - list
7 - detail drawing
8 - layout
22 - editing feedback mode from the floor plan
23 - editing feedback mode from a 3Dview
24 - editing feedback mode from a section/elevation
28 - editing feedback mode from a layout
43 - generating as an operator from a 3D view
44- generating as an operator from a section/elevation
46 - generating as an operator from a list

This is just for learning purposes... and to keep that GLOB_CONTEXT code snippet up to date.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Well spotted sinceV6.
I don't know if there are any others but it would make sense that editing feedback in a detail drawing is 27 looking at the values.
i.e. Floor plan = 2, editing feedback in floor plan = 22 (20+2).
3D view = 3, editing feedback in 3D view = 23 (20+3).
etc.
therefore ...
Detailed drawing = 7, editing detailed drawing = 27 (20+7).

I don't know if any other combinations would be valid or make much sense.
i.e. 21 editing feedback in library part editor (20+1) - doesn't make sense - not possible to edit in library part editor.
42 generating as an operator fro floor plan (40+2) - SEOs don't show in plan anyway.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I will forward this to Graphisoft for inclusion in the official GDL Docs:

http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/techsupport/documentation/developer_docs/BasicLibraryDoc/16/LibDevGuid...

I guess 27 is indeed for Worksheet because it is much like a Detail and Detail is 7 (27) as you guys said.

What is missing for me now is Interior Elevations (probably 24, since it is like Sections/Elevations) and 3D Documents (maybe does not apply to that Viewpoint).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
sinceV6
Advocate
Thanks!
Was offline for a while

3D document is a "section"... so it would be 24. Check the reference link#2.
sinceV6
Advocate
Barry wrote:
... not possible to edit in library part editor.
That actually made me laugh
Barry Kelly
sinceV6 wrote:
Barry wrote:
It wasn't meant to be funny but re-reading it I can understand that it does seem odd not to be able to edit in the library editor - but glad it made you laugh.
Actually I would say you can't edit in the editor (not like you can on a floor plan or elevation).
You can adjust the scripts but you can't take the 2D or 3D view and edit any of the elements there.
You do have the 2D symbol view that you can edit but that is not really altering the object at all.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
sinceV6
Advocate
Barry wrote:
sinceV6 wrote:
Barry wrote:

It wasn't meant to be funny but re-reading it I can understand that it does seem odd not to be able to edit in the library editor - but glad it made you laugh.
Actually I would say you can't edit in the editor (not like you can on a floor plan or elevation).
You can adjust the scripts but you can't take the 2D or 3D view and edit any of the elements there.
You do have the 2D symbol view that you can edit but that is not really altering the object at all.
Barry.

I know it wasn't meant to be funny. It's just a funny fact about the library part editor. I only wish it had a few more small -but big at the same time- improvements: if being able to use the editor to play with the object in development is a big task, maybe line numbers, some auto formatting, and a better debugging function could be implemented.

Once you get past understanding how GDL works, you start to realize how much the editor lacks.

Just my opinion.