BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

GRAPHISOFT Releases Grasshopper - ARCHICAD Live Connection

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
After 6 months of beta testing the free intelligent Grashopper-ARCHICAD bi-directional Live Connection plugin is now officially released. The press release:

http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/graphisoft-releases-grasshopper-archicad-live-con...

Get it for free at:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/addons/interoperability/rhino.html#live-connection-plugin
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
6 REPLIES 6
Also posted on this page, without any fanfare, is the Rhinoceros - GDL Converter and Observer.

This is a promising piece of work. Any reason why this seems to be a Windows only solution when Grasshopper isn't involved and Rhino for Mac is further enough along to include plug-in support?

Or did I miss something?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to see some real practical building design examples. For instance can we use it to easily change the exterior materials and their configurations based upon a recipe? Can we use it to make parametric object parts, etc. How is this going to help the majority of Architects who don't typically do freeform organic shapes?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Aaron wrote:
Also posted on this page, without any fanfare, is the Rhinoceros - GDL Converter and Observer.

This is a promising piece of work. Any reason why this seems to be a Windows only solution when Grasshopper isn't involved and Rhino for Mac is further enough along to include plug-in support?

Or did I miss something?
I received information from GRAPHISOFT that a Mac version of the Grasshopper-ARCHICAD connection is in the works. However, they do not plan to create a Mac version of the Rhino-GDL Converter/Observer, since ARCHICAD 20 will be able to read Rhino files directly and convert them to GDL Objects both on Windows and Mac.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Is the Grasshopper connection available for ArchiCAD20?
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Not yet, it is still being worked on. (It is a development project separate from the main ARCHICAD 20 development.)
When it becomes available you will find it on this page:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/addons/interoperability/rhino.html#live-connection-plugin
TMA_80
Enthusiast
OK , thank you Lazlo, I though it was integrated as is the rhino importer.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Learn and get certified!