BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GS Window Opening Functions missing error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
in AC17 i've modified a windows to meet my needs adding lines to 2d and 3d scripts. In AC17 it works fine.
Now, in AC18, the same object fails giving the message:
"can't find GS Window Opening Functions called at line..."
but GS Window Opening Functions is part of AC18 library so...i'm lost

Can someone put me in the right direction?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I´m affraid you have to do the same changes to AC18 Library!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Andro but
i haven't mess with GS Window Opening Functions code.
i only add lines to 2d 3d script of a window object.
i have twenty of these and all give me the same message.
If i must i will script them again but i sense i'm missing something simpler.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This error message normally comes when the given GDL Macro cannot be found in either the embedded library, linked libraries, BIM Server library or within ArchiCAD.dll (that file also contains several built-in GDL objects).
So I would double-check that the called macro (with that exact name) is indeed loaded. Also I would check the name in the CALL statement that it is the same as the name of the macro found in linked libraries.
One other thing: did you use the same localized version in both AC17 and AC18 (ITA or INT)?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Laszlo,
i've scripted with AC17 ITA and tested with AC18 INT and AC18 ITA with the same result.
What make's me crazy is that if, in AC18 INT or ITA, i select the name of the called macro in my GDL code and do "file->libraries->open object" the macro opens without problems.
It's here, in front of me, fooling me with sadistic eyes
If AC can't found it executing my window then why it's here when i open it from the code????
psylo
Contributor
Hi!

I have exactly the same problem:
AC16 objects that use the macro "Simple door opening" and that is no longer found in AC18 but it is ! It's in ArchiCAD.DLL and I can manually open it ...

How to use this macro in AC18?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This might have something to do with the fact you bring GDL objects created in previous versions into ArchiCAD 18. I wonder if this could be a migration problem?
Anyway, all I can do at this point is to report it to Graphisoft.
psylo
Contributor
laszlonagy wrote:
This might have something to do with the fact you bring GDL objects created in previous versions into ArchiCAD 18.
You're right, when I create a new object in AC18, I can make a CALL to the "Simple door opening" macro without problem although I use the same syntax as my "old" object.
laszlonagy wrote:
I wonder if this could be a migration problem?
What should I do to migrate my object to AC18 ? I had no problem before to upgrade from 9 to 12 and from 12 to 16 ...

I hope my english isn't too bad and fully understandable ...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't really know, because if this is a bug in the program, then there is really not much one can do except you recreating the changes made to the object in AC18 and Graphisoft fixing the problem.
This is why I reported the problem so they can investigated whether it is a bug or not.
It would be a good idea for you guys to report this to your local reseller complete with files which can then be forwarded to Graphisoft.
psylo
Contributor
laszlonagy wrote:
report this to your local reseller
Done. Thanks for your support.

I hope Graphisoft will found a solution, I don't want to remake my objects in AC18 with so many parameters ...
Learn and get certified!