cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSM extension file

Mjules
Booster

Hi,

Is there a new way or method to read imported .gsm exension files in Archicad 25?

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)
Alienware | 64 GB RAM | Windows 10
14 REPLIES 14

I am not aware of any change in AC25. Once you have imported your object you may need to click on the "Reload & Apply" in Library Manager to make it available.

Apple iMac macOS Big Sur / AC24UKI (most recent builds)

Karl Ottenstein

@Mjules Could you clarify?  Are you talking about just using an individual, ordinary GDL object  (GSM) in a project?  Or are you talking about reading using add-on or API code?  This is the Developer forum and is for the latter kinds of questions.  I'll move your post if it instead concerns merely getting an ordinary object to load and be placed in a project.  Thanks.

One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.1, iMac Pro

Karl,

After saving model as a .gsm extension file, and then try to open this .gsm file from another Archicad file, there is no 3D model because of errors. I don't know why. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)

If you make new objects by selecting existing objects and "combining" them, then putting them in a new project the library with the other objects has to be loaded, too.

AC 24 [ger] | Win 10 | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

@runxel It has been done as you mentioned.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)

We have found a bug with saving a model to gsm when the model uses profile attributes: the generated gsm has incorrect syntax.

As a workaround open the saved object in GDL editor and replace ind(profile, …)  statements to ind(profile_attr, …).

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
GRAPHISOFT SE, Budapest

@ Peter Baksa Great! I will try modifying the incorrect syntax. Meanwhile, try to fix this bug as soon as possible since the GDL language is the Archicad's main signature.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)

@Peter Baksa The issue still persists!

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)

Hi Martin,

I don't have any influence on when bugs will be fixed. Please contact support to let them know abou the urgency.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
GRAPHISOFT SE, Budapest

@runxel It seems your proposal is relevant. It's also possible to add the folder which has the .gsm files in the Library Manager. With a .pla then we can open that with "Extract elements to a folder" and than use those folders with the other Archicad projects.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)

Nader Belal
Advisor

@Mjules , may be, and I say may be an error have occurred when the GSM file was created, the solution to this is to repeat the export process, and hope that this will fix your issue.

Or, you have saved the GSM in binary, and if that was true you will not be able to read it. Just repeat the process, but uncheck the binary option

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

@Nader Belal It's about a bug. You can take a look at the Peter Baksa's answer regarding this post.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)

@Mjules  How big is the model you are saving as a GSM?

Apple iMac macOS Big Sur / AC24UKI (most recent builds)

@DGSketcher 92 kb.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!