Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GSM file got problem in archicad 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, i am archicad 15 user.
i got a gsm file in my drawing, the gms file can show it on my archicad-14.
but after i updated my archicad to version 15, it can't read my gsm file & also can't show the object (gsm file) on my drawing.
it keep said " internal error (in BINARY statement) at line 14 in the 3D script of the condominium.gsm )"
But at the same time, i also use archicad 14 try to open the same drawing, it totally no problem.
what happen to archicad 15? it is archicad 15 still not stable?
5 REPLIES 5
JaredBanks
Mentor
What is the .gsm file and how old is it? It's possible that it's a very old file and very old objects don't always work well in newer versions.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
GSM file actually is save a 3D model as a object (something like ur own design object-chair, table...) , then it can through the object tool to open the object(gsm) u saved just now.

i make that gsm object when i am using archi cad 14, so that object still calling new, right? but after i update to archi cad 15, my object cant show in version 15. maybe archi cad 15 still not stable?
JaredBanks
Mentor
ArchiCAD 15 is stable. My guess is the issue is specific to this object. Can you open the original 3D model in ArchiCAD 15 and resave it as an object?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
i try it many time already
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Liew Shiaw Fun:

You can try opening the library part in AC 15 (Open Object...), then doing a Save As... to save it in AC 15 format to see if that solves the issue. You can also post the object here to see if others have the same problem.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14