Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

General question for Screen Styles of Archicad 17 to Archicad 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a general question. No rush.

I am wondering is there a new archicad 22 provided the old style of screen like icons, symbols, etc? Its hard to explain which I attached the photo because we are still stuck at AC 17 and AC19 because of the style we like, We still love the Archicad but we do not like the screen style of AC20-22.

Do you feel big change when things look different on the screen? Does it take you to get used to new style for a while, time length wise?

Is there a way to switch the style of old ways and new ways on Archicad 22? Just wondering, I don't know what to call it. "Tool Features switching style?"

For Example, similar connection of Window 10 does that for Window 7 and 8 combo.

I have attached the photo so you guys can see what I was trying to ask. I just want to know if there is compatible for it. If there is none, let me know so I can discuss with my boss and coworker.

Thank you for your time.

Have a great weekend.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, the interface of ARCHICAD was modernized in version 20.
This means that it was totally redesigned so that previous user interface style is not coming back, I believe.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
It takes a while to get used to the new style, but there is no going back to the old, so you have no choice except not to upgrade.
Personally I still miss a bit of colour in the tools, but the benefits of the new software far outweigh my dislike of the new interface.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the comments.

I appreciated it. I will have to break the news to them. Haha.

I personally like old one as well. I don't know if they are ready for it. Thats why we are still stuck at AC19 and AC17. Unfortunately.

Paige