BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Get IFC parameters not working for stairs

DGSketcher
Legend
I can use the following to get the IFC "Name" value with all elements except stairs and handrails. The n value is returned as zero. Can anyone help explain why?
n = APPLICATION_QUERY ("ParentCustomParameters", "GetParameter(IFC.Attributes.Name)", value)
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
4 REPLIES 4
JaseBee
Advocate
I have also noticed this, my custom id and name/tag labels don't pick up the data, just getting round to trying to figure out why now, will let you know if I can beat it.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
JaseBee
Advocate
Yep they changed it on us for the stairs, fortunately the new command works with everything else so just make it your default...

The new command is:

n = REQUEST ( "Property_Value_Of_Parent", "id", type, dim1, dim2, propertyValues)

If you want the element id then replace "id" with "Main.ID", the element id is returned in the propertyValues Parameter.

"IFC.Attributes.Name" for the name
"IFC.Attributes.Tag" for the tag

You can access all the property and classification values like this, I made a simple part to find the names that uses the command:

n = REQUEST ("Properties_Of_Parent", propertyType, parentProperties)

and spits out the values with a looping text2 command.

Like all useful requests these do not work in the parameter script.

Happy hunting.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
DGSketcher
Legend
Thank you for the feedback JaseBee.

I ending up rewriting my label building off the code for the current "Property Label 21" using the changed REQUEST format. This also required the introduction of UI elements, which I usually avoid, to allow drilling down to the relevant IFC values.

Hopefully the rewrite is a bit more durable than the previous hacked code and seems to work with all 3D elements so far...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi guys,

I have looked into the issue with our developers, and this Query should absolutely work with Stairs and Railings as well! It is not working because of a bug! We probably haven't noticed this before, because (as JaseBee mentioned) we use a different method now to get these information out of elements.

Using the aforementioned Request instead is a great workaround (in most cases even a great long-term solution)! Hopefully we can fix this soon in a future update.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!