BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Ghost Story / Trace Reference

archislave
Enthusiast
Maybe I am missing something but is there a way to define the Trace Ref per story. Like when I am working on the first floor I might want to see the 2nd floor. Then on the second floor the Roof Trace Ref to display.

As it stands now when I go back to the first floor I would continue to see the Roof Ref ... I hope this request is added to v15
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
archislave:

The Trace Reference options are much broader in later versions, but even in 10 you can control which story to show.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
archislave
Enthusiast
I am using 14 now but still don't see where you can set the specific ghost story per viewed story. It always changes depending on the story you are on. I want specific story to display according to my setting and not dynamically relative. I might want ghost story 3 to show when on live story 1. and when I make story 3 live I might want basement - not 3 as it is now.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
Anonymous
Not applicable
In your "Project Map" "view map" or "Layout Book" you can right click on views and "show as trace reference"
You can set different trace views for different views.
It can be a bit more cpu intensive so I normally have them off unless using them.
Barry Kelly
Unfortunately all storeys share the same trace reference.
Strange though that you can set different traces for each section/elevation.
Would be nice to have this for the storeys as well.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your view map probably best to trace from, probably ignore the other two I suggested.
Also, I not sure if its just me, but trace seems to work best (faster regen times) if you use one of the 6 default colors from the list then making your own.
Learn and get certified!