BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Glassless window

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I have a window without glass? (I want a frame)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're using Cadimage windows, select the Open panel type
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I am, so perfect, thanks Stu!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If someone doesn't have CADimage Tools I can offer the following 2 minute solution:

In the Sash Options page of the Window Settings Dialog you should select the Custom Panel option. In this case you can select a custom Window panel. So now all you need to do is create a custom panel with no 3D geometry.

To achieve that I placed two Hotspots at the lower left and upper right corners of a 1x1 meter rectangle in the Floor Plan. I saved that as a Windows Sash with the File\Libraries and Objects\Save Selection As\Window Sash.. menu command. Save it under the name of "Empty Window Sash" or something. Now this can be selected as a Custom Panel for the Window and there will be no 3D geometry to the Window Sash.

This GDL Object is saved in the Embedded Library. You can also save it out into a folder and add it to your Office Library so it will be available for all Window objects in the future.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Marky
Contributor
laszlonagy wrote:
If someone doesn't have CADimage Tools I can offer the following 2 minute solution:

In the Sash Options page of the Window Settings Dialog you should select the Custom Panel option. In this case you can select a custom Window panel. So now all you need to do is create a custom panel with no 3D geometry.

To achieve that I placed two Hotspots at the lower left and upper right corners of of 1x1 meter rectangle in the Floor Plan. I saved that as a Windows Sash with the File\Libraries and Objects\Save Selection As\Window Sash.. menu command. Save it under the name of "Empty Window Sash" or something. Now this can be selected as a Custom Panel for the Window and there will be no 3D geometry to the Window Sash.

This GDL Object is saved in the Embedded Library. You can also save it out into a folder and add it to your Office Library so it will be available for all Window objects in the future.
Works great, thank you Laszlo!
AC 6.5, 13 - 19 Pl, OctaneRender for ArchiCAD, MoI 3D, Blender; W7 Pro 64;
i7-4790K/32 GB; GTX 980/4 GB
Learn and get certified!