BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Glazing Bars in Square Bay Window

William Gray
Contributor
I am having problems with inserting glazing bars in the square bay window object. If I use the default settings, the glazing bars display correctly in elevation and in 3D.

I need a larger bay window (approx 2.4m wide x 2.6m high). I've left the thickness of the glazing and width of bars untouched, and amended the numbers of bars to show one vertical and one horizontal bar per sash. In 3D (and in the preview to the selection criteria window) the glazing bars show up correctly. However the glazing bars vanish when trying to view the window in elevation.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
William Gray

Architect

Archicad 25 INT Build 4013

MacBook Pro Intel Core i7 2.9 GHz 16GB RAM

Mac OS 11.6
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
William:

One place to check is Sash Options > Attributes > Mullion Position > Throughout / Outside / Inside.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
William Gray
Contributor
Thanks for the response. I've tried all three options (inside/outside and throughout) but still cannot get it to display in elevation. Maybe the answer is to build it up using separate windows rather than the bay window object!
William Gray

Architect

Archicad 25 INT Build 4013

MacBook Pro Intel Core i7 2.9 GHz 16GB RAM

Mac OS 11.6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
William:

There are a few options to try:
1a. Start with the default settings and change them one by one to your window's settings to see if you can find the parameter that is causing the problem, it could have to do with mullion location vs glass location/thickness.
1b. Start with the default settings and change 1/2 of them to your window's settings to see if the problem appears, sort of a binary approach to finding the problematic parameters.
2. Add the missing mullions with small column and beam.
3. Convert a copy of the window to a Morph to extract the mullions to add to the original window.

HTH,

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!